Sunday, April 26, 2015

Simple Smokey Eye Tutorial

Advertisement


Simple Smokey Eye Tutorial

One of my favorite looks is the Rock look. I mean, who doesn’t love a smokey, dark eye? The thing is, for every day life, or even a hot night out, the typical ‘rock’ look might be a little too much. So I’ve created a tutorial for you that creates the rock look you saw at the Grammy’s all the while making it something you can ‘rock’ any time!
The best part about this look, also what makes it easy, is the eye shadow palette. The shadows in this baby are superb. I mean, just a tiny touch on your brush and you’ve got enough for the look. It’s really high intensity, it goes on smooth, and lasts all day. Love it.

  • Eye liner & Brow pencil: These Bombshell Pow-Der BROW + Liner are amazing!! I haven’t always been a fill in the eye brow kinda gal until lately and it makes a huge difference! Specially with a smokey eye since it’s the main focal point for the look. The liner goes on smooth, but is great for beginners because it doesn’t have to be perfect. It’s more of a soft, smokey eye which is what we’re going for!
  • Full Lash Bloom Mascara: What I love about this mascara is that it really separates the lashes while you’re applying it. I don’t like the clumpy mascara look so this is perfect!
  • Outlast Lip Color: Going for a night out? You need your lipstick to last all day, don’t you? This stuff is incredible. Don’t apply it if you don’t want to wear it all day. It really, really lasts. I chose a very light neutral pink since we were doing the smokey eye so that it was a nice touch without being too much. And it really did last all day!
  • Eye shadow quad: The COVERGIRL quad makes this look so simple. All you really have to do is follow the instructions. No multiple palettes to search for the best colors or which shade goes with what. I also love the high intensity. I have used some high end products before that didn’t have the same intensity! That’s why I say that you don’t always have to spend more to get a good product.
You can find all four of these products at ULTA at the same great prices COVERGIRL is known for!

Before I start explaining, I thought I’d share a close up picture of the palette and the colors I used wear. I thought that’d be easier than me just referring to a color. So when I say “light color onto the lid” you know which one in the palette I’m referring to. I hope that makes sense!


  • Start with the lightest color all over the lid as a base
  • With a crease brush, get the darkest color and create a small “V” in the very outer corners. Avoid bringing this in too far, keep the dark colors on the outside.
  • With a curved brush, take some of the light brown and apply to above the dark color you just added onto your brow bone. You can bring this color from the outside brown bone to about 3/4 quarters of the way in. Keep it lighter towards the inside.
  • With a curved brush again, grab the darker shimmer color and apply this directly into the crease. Keep this color mainly towards the outer corner but you can bring it a littler farther inside, maybe half way.
  • With a regular flat brush and the same light color you started with apply it to the inside of the eye, blending out with the others and all the way up to under your eye brows. This brightens up the inside of your eye and doesn’t make the smokey eye too dark.
  • Apply the POW-Der eye liner along the last line on top and about a third of the way in on the bottom.
  • You can use the same POW-Der liner, or a lighter version, depending on your skin tone and hair color, and fill in your eye brows.
  • Apply two coats of the Full Bloom mascara to complete your look!
  • To finish off this smokey eye look, add the Outlast Lip color. It’s long-lasting and still doesn’t feel dry so you truly can wear it all day! I chose a light shade of pink because I wanted the smokey eye to steal the show.

  • Blogger : Sunrise
    Photo : source


    Advertisement


    No comments:

    Post a Comment